Welcome to Concordia International School Ningbo! I am very excited that you are taking the time to learn more about our school. The mission of CISN is to provide a rigorous globally-focused education that fosters inquiry, knowledge and empathy, and nurtures a lifelong love of learning.. With this mission, CISN will provide a world-class education, supporting each child’s development, well-being, and aspirations.
CISN is a school of the future, providing education through academic excellence, strong leadership, supportive parent partnerships and a deep sense of service. Through this set of values, we celebrate positive interactions between students and staff and our connections with each other. The research-based mindsets of empathy, persistence, resilience, optimism and flexibility are taught throughout our school to help students grow their social emotional skills as well as to become successful in all their school endeavors.
As a student-centered international school, we celebrate the diversity we share. We have very experienced staff members from around the world, who chose to teach at CISN because of their commitment to excellence in education and their dedication to helping each child reach their highest potential. The staff at CISN is committed to providing all children with a world-class education and giving them the necessary tools and strategies to be successful both inside and outside the classroom, as well as developing a lifelong love of learning.
CISN offers education all the way from kindergarten to graduation from our high school. Students will be both supported and challenged across all subject areas. Small group instruction will allow for differentiation, as well as explicit instruction, so each child can grow at their optimum pace. Current teaching methods and strategies will be used throughout the classes including Reggio Emilia philosophies and Project-Based Learning. State-of-the-art technology will be utilized as an important tool for learning at CISN. This will provide students with opportunities to connect to real-world experiences while creating and collaborating with others.
At CISN we value student leadership, positive social interactions, good citizenship, academic rigor and happiness, helping students reach new potentials, academically and socially. CISN is a very special place to teach and learn and we are proud to be a part of the city of Ningbo.
—— David Ranson
About The Principal
- Master of Arts in Education – Leadership and Management.
- University Certificate in Workplace Psychology, University of Cambridge
- Twenty years of educational leadership experience.
- Taught at internationally inspired schools spanning four countries.
- Fluency in four languages.
- Founding member of a UK school. Previously the International Principal of a successful education group in China and Chairman of a UK school
- Expert in K12 international education, IB curriculum, PBL methodology and inquiry learning
- Adviser and speaker at local, regional and national level in the UK and China
- Guest speaker of TIDE event, “China TOP International School Principals Event” held by Chinese Ministry of Education, etc.