Concordia International School Ningbo (CINS) originated from the Concordia education system. Thanks to one of the world's most developed and influential private education system, CISN naturally has excellent educational beginnings. The campus is located in the prosperous Sanjiangkou area, adjacent to the city's new landmark "Ningbo Tower" (under construction), and surrounded by many municipal projects including a high-end commercial mall, residential areas, and an urban central park. The entire campus covers a construction area of 30,000㎡possessing 5 new buildings, 2 basketball courts, a football field, a multi-function theater, and a multi-function playground. It is equipped with extensive first-class facilities to provide students with a safe, natural, healthy and comfortable learning environment.
Ningbo is one of the central cities of the Yangtze River Delta and an important city of “the Belt and Road”. Its influence is increasing both nationally and worldwide, and therefore appeals to more and more professionals who choose to work and live in Ningbo with their families. In order to address the educational needs of these professional’s children, officers from the Ningbo Municipal Government and Education Bureau are dedicated to introducing excellent, international education options.
During the preparation period, Huang Zhiming (former director of Ningbo Municipal Education Bureau) and Wang Jianping (director of Yinzhou District Education Bureau) discussed the cooperation of running schools with the Concordia University Chicago team. Later, Director Huang Zhiming and Dr. Thomas Jandris, the former vice president of Concordia University Chicago, signed the Memorandum of Understanding of cooperation on Apr 22, 2018. In the following two years, the Concordia Chinese team was invited to visit Concordia University Chicago, Hong Kong International School and Concordia International School Shanghai for further development.
As one of the supporting projects of the “Ningbo 3315 Plan", CISN officially settled in Yinzhou, Ningbo in 2020 with the support from the Yinzhou District Education Bureau and other professional teams. CISN will bring excellent education resources from the Concordia Education System to the whole city, which will also meet the educational needs of the professionals’ children.
CISN follows a rigorous, globally focused curriculum and provides essential, traditional Chinese language and culture courses for expat students (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students) aged from 3 to 18. As a pioneer of Education 4.0, teachers will incorporate the suggested five key pedagogies for innovative teaching, including playful, experiential, computational, embodied, and multiliteracies.
The teaching staff of CISN is recruited through a worldwide network. All teachers are native English speakers, including USA, UK, Canada, etc. We eagerly seek more outstanding educators to join our team, to set the standard for high quality international education in Ningbo and beyond! We believe that a group of passionate, innovative educators are the most valuable asset to our school, providing the foundation for the future development of education. We are actively recruiting teachers with the same education philosophy.
As part of our commitment to provide unique career opportunities to learn, explore,collaborate and grow, we offer the following:
- A comprehensive onboarding process designed to prepare new faculty intellectually, emotionally, and logistically.
- Professional learning workshops and communities that focus on pedagogical needs and opportunities for growth.
- A work environment where creativity and innovative ideas are encouraged and embraced.
- A professional learning community with some of the best and most passionate faculty in the world.
- A career matrix that allows multiple opportunities for professional growth while remaining at the heart of teaching and learning.
- Access to the most current educational technology and resources to implement innovative, project-based, digital, and virtual lessons.
- Very competitive total compensation packages and benefits that are either at or above market to support healthy, fulfilling, and long-term professional growth in our organization.
Homeroom Teacher (Kindergarten/G1/G2)
Music / PE / Art Teacher
￥300,000-480,000/year + Whole package of benefits
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree（master degree prefer）with additional appropriate teaching qualifications or certification in a specific subject area.
- At least 3 years experience in the Pre-K/G1-3 classroom
- Intercultural competence and the ability to foster collaboration and trust.
- Excellent communication and classroom management skills.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office, virtual meeting spaces such as Skype and Adobe Connect.
- Familiarity with digital learner management systems to document child progress and classroom technology
- Only teachers with official permission to work will be considered – teachers who are new to China will be assisted to ensure they comply with immigration and work regulations.
￥250,000-350,000/year+ Whole package of benefits
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college/university.
- CELTA/Trinity/TESOL II.
- CELT-P (Cambridge English Language Teaching – Primary) or other Young Learners Certification.
- 3 years’ experience teaching learners of preschool and age.
- Working within a diverse environment of international learners and their parents.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands.
- Intercultural competence.
- Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills.
- Attentive to deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Supports the aims, objectives, goals, ethos, and mission of the school.
￥100,000-180,000/年 + 丰 厚 福 利
For expat teacher
Along with your application, please note that a letter of interest, your resume, passport, teacher’s qualification and/or certificate and photos are required. Please submit all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CISN’s interview process consists of an initial screening with the HR department, an interview with the principal, and an executive interview with the leadership team. A demo class may be required during the interview process. Candidates may be asked to participate in further interviews if necessary.
References must be submitted. We will ask your referees questions pertaining to your previous work performance, skills, and behavior at work.
Tel: 15805692166 August Zhang
Socrates said: Education is not to instill, but to ignite flames. We hope that you can ignite the flames in children’s heart, and we are able to ignite your ambition and passion for the future.