As a faculty member specializing in Kindergarten , you will be an essential part of the development and establishment of an internationally minded Kindergarten environment. You will assist in the launch of Kindergarten program, which is rooted in project-based learning, international mindedness, and taught in English.
YOU WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF:
1. North American or UK national and state researched-based learning objectives Project based learning, Montessori or Reggio.
2. Carrying out formative assessments which document the child’s achievement of objectives and developmental standards attained
3. Providing differentiated instructional support for every child
4. Use of digital tools to document children’s development and milestones
5. Participating in continuing professional development (CPD) for teachers
6. Delivering project-based, hands-on classes where exploration and discovery help build critical thinking skills and foster confidence.
7. Commitment to development of the whole child
8. Effective creation of family involvement opportunities
YOU WILL HAVE FAMILIARITY WITH:
1. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards and Assessment Items, or;
2. The Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework Ages Birth to Five, or IB Primary Years, Cambridge Primary Years, or Similar young learner frameworks
1. Maintains a caring, safe, and nurturing environment in class, observing health and safety protocols at all timesA No.1
2. Provides developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for each child
3. Is committed to and experienced in project-based learning
4. Meets and instructs students in assigned classes.
5. Serves on content specific curriculum committees to create content, evaluate the instructional program, and makes improvements as needed.
6. Works cooperatively with other school personnel to meet students’ needs.
7. Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by school policy.
8. Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and technology consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the students.
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Participates in faculty training for the instructional program.
11. Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
12. Ensures that the testing, placement, and instruction of students align with their identified needs.
13. Participates in the development and implementation of a tutoring and mentoring program for students in order to insure student support and academic success.
14.Establishes a set of classroom behavioral expectations based on clearly defined goals and principles.
15. Understands and is aware of the cultural and language support students require for academic growth.
16. Attends academic, departmental, and school meetings when required, and attends/delivers professional development sessions as directed.
17. Supervises and accompanies students on excursions, as appropriate, ensuring their safety and welfare at all times.
18. Participates as a member of the faculty on school committees and professional association activities.
19. Performs any other related duties as requested.
1. Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with additional appropriate teaching qualifications or certification in a specific subject area.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in the Kindergarten classroom Intercultural competence and the ability to foster collaboration and trust.
3. Excellent communication and classroom management skills.
4. Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office, virtual meeting spaces such as Skype and Adobe Connect.
4. Familiarity with digital learner management systems to document child progress and classroom technology
5. Only teachers with official permission to work will be considered – teachers who are new to China will be assisted to ensure they comply with immigration and work regulations.
1. Master’s degree in education
2. Specialization in English as a Second language Familiarity with Chinese culture preferred.
3. Operational competency of Chinese is desirable but not essential
4. Experience in course design and curriculum writing
5. Believes in the potential of each student, responsible, caring, student centered
6. Strong work ethic, innovative, and creative
7. At least 2+ years classroom experience at kindergarten
Zhejiang Ningbo Concordia School for Children of Foreign Personnel
+86（0）574 8807 6699
No.18 Guangfu street，Yinzhou District，Ningbo